Tuesday, December 13, 2011

B-A-N-A-N-A-S and pie...yum!

With the Christmas season, i've been so busy getting ready and enjoying the time with my family, that I have not really done any craft projects since the wooden pallet display.

I am actually working on a diy project right now, but I can't tell you what it is cause it's part of a Christmas present. I'll post about it after Christmas though.

If i've been doing anything from Pinterest, it's cooking. So i'll share with you another fabulous recipe that I came across.

(Oh and if you saw a pin labeled "Cowboy Casserole" in my "yummy in my tummy" board you will now notice that it is no longer there.  WARNING: It was not so yummy at all! Do not make that casserole...you will NOT go back for seconds.)

I made this dessert. It is SOOOOO good!

Banoffee "Danger" Pie

What You Need:
*3 bananas (Am I the only one that sings Hollaback Girl every time I spell banana?)
*1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
*Graham cracker pie crust
*1 tub of cool whip
*chocolate bar (i used left over halloween candy, you could use like 2 hershey kisses if you wanted)


Your first step can be done way ahead of time (at least hours but can be as much as months before).  I bought 3 cans, did them at the same time and I have 2 cans left over. Enough for 2 more pies! Remove the label on the condensed milk and submerge the unopened can in pot of water. Cover and boil for 2.5 hours. Warning: Be sure to keep the can covered by water at all times!! You will have to continue to add water to the pot.

After 2.5hrs of boiling, take the pot off the stove to cool. When you open your can you will now see that you just made home made toffee! I swear it tastes soooooooo good too. I know it's weird and hard to believe but I SWEAR to you, it's toffee!

Slice your bananas (...ain't no hollaback girl...) and place them in the pie crust. You can do it all formal or you can go crazy and let the bananas fall where they may.

Pour your can of toffee over bananas.

Top with coolwhip

Optional: Grate chocolate over top of coolwhip.

**Refridgerate until time to serve.**

This is seriously one of the best pies i've ever had! To quote, "Danger is this pies middle name not only because is it tasty and calorically sinful but its also incredibly easy to make! A dangerous combination. If you are on a diet, avert your eyes!"

One taste and you will not be able to resist the gooey yumminess!

No comments:

Post a Comment