Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pallet love!

True story...I kept seeing all these pallet projects on pinterest and I loved them. Except, I didn't have a pallet. I had called a couple of places but they all used theres. One day I was driving by where the Crazy Cajun used to be and someone had dumped a bunch of old wood there. Right in front was this pallet...sitting there...taunting me...saying "get me." So, I did. As soon as I did, I called my dad and my grandfather and asked if it was stealing...I felt so bad and I was not going to have a piece of stolen wood in my living room. Since it was abandoned and left there as trash and junk, it was clarified that it was not stealing. It was a someone's trash was another person's treasure type deal. I never thought i'd use that phrase lol

Now that you know the history between me and my precious pallet, I'll show you what we did with it. With my husband's super strength, cause i'm a pansy and couldn't do it, he ripped a couple of the boards off. I cleaned it up and we hung it up on the wall. I had to use some hardcore nails though because pallets are really heavy! I think they're made out of oak and that's why. Anyways, here is the finished project. It completes my living room!







1 comment:

  1. gorgeous! i want sooo soo bad to make that pallet swing, alas.. we are so craft disoriented over here.. haha that is gorg though!

    ReplyDelete