Monday, November 28, 2011

The start of Christmas decorations...

I've completed 2 DIY Christmas decorations. Both are super easy, one just takes time.

1)epson salt as snow. Never really thought about it until I saw a pin...but it looks just like snow in candle holders! It's also way cheaper for the amount you get than buying fake snow.


2) Burlap Tree Garland. I didn't think I could do this but it turned out to be really easy. It just took about 2hrs in all. I spaced it out in to 2 days. lol

Our tree is 6.5ft so I used about 4yds of Burlap and cut them in to long strips about 2-4in wide. I really didn't measure it I just used my naked eye and guessed. I measured out in string how long I thought the garland was supposed to be to wrap around our tree a couple of times. Then took a small crochet needle and on the hook I tied the end of the string. You fold the strips of burlap just like you would to make a paper fan. It kinda looks like an accordian. Then you pierce the crochet needle through the middle of the burlap and pull it all the way through. Keep doing that until all your strips are on the string.

It looks like one big accordian. To make it prettier just start twisting random parts of the garland. Since burlap frays, you can modge podge the edges if you'd like. It will stop it from fraying.

Anyways, here's how mine turned out. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment